Saturday 21 July 2012

Summer Project




The Summer Project 
Experimentation within Typography


In prior to the completion of my 1st year, I was asked to come back into college to discuss the summer project. The task is to look in to selective font for research and experimentation. This task is essential for the course to carry on in the second year. The font list is 

Gill Sans (Sans Serif)
Futura (Sans Serif)
Lubalin (Slab Serif)
Helvetica (Sans Serif)
Template Gothic 
Bodoni (Didone)
Baskerville (Transitional Serif) 

To research these facts I have been reading a book "Type : The Secret History of letters" So far the book is listed with a number of different stories of other artists and typographers. 



"The Art of looking side ways - Alan Flecther"

"A smile in mind - Beryl Mcalhone & David Stuart"


These books will help me out through the many facts of typography and history that has past. I will pursue this new found information and deliver it as board as possible. I will have to use the internet and other libraries if need ( it will be documented in a bibliography at the end of the research).

No comments:

Post a Comment